Founding of Newbury, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Founding of Newbury, The

In the 1850s, Newbury began to develop around a railway station on the line from Niagara Falls to Windsor. It soon became an important shipping point for square timber and by 1872 boasted a population of 800.

Location

On the grounds of the public library, 48 Hagerty Road, Newbury

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: County of Middlesex

Municipality: Village of Newbury

Themes