Founding of Wallaceburg, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Founding of Wallaceburg, The

Several early settlers at The Forks were Highlanders from the ill-fated Baldoon Settlement. When a post office opened in 1837 the community, situated at the fork of the Sydenham River, was renamed in honour of the Scottish hero Sir William Wallace.

Location

In Library Park, James and Nelson Streets, Wallaceburg

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: Municipality of Chatham-Kent (District)

Municipality: Municipality of Chatham-Kent

Themes