Law Society of Upper Canada 1797, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Law Society of Upper Canada 1797, The

The Law Society of Upper Canada was founded in 1797 at a meeting held at Wilson's Hotel in Newark (Niagara-on-the-Lake) to regulate the activities and responsibilities of the legal profession. In 1832, it moved to new quarters in Osgoode Hall in York (Toronto), where it is still housed.

Location

Opposite 142 Queen Street, near the site of the former Wilson's Hotel, Niagara-on-the-Lake

Region: Niagara Falls and Region

County/District: Regional Municipality of Niagara

Municipality: Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake

Themes