Magnetawan Lock, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Magnetawan Lock, The

Built by the provincial government in the 1880s, and subsequently replaced in 1911, the lock at Magnetawan allowed boat traffic to circumvent the rapids at the village and extend steamship service on the river as far as Ahmic Harbour.

Location

Near the lock, Highway 520, Magnetawan

Region: Northern Ontario

County/District: District of Parry Sound

Municipality: Township of Magnetawan

Themes