McFarland House 1800, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

McFarland House 1800, The

Built by James McFarland, this Georgian-style house was used as a hospital during the War of 1812 by both British and American forces. After 1814, the war-torn house was repaired, and remained in the possession of the McFarland family for several generations.

Location

On the grounds of the house, Niagara River Parkway, just south of the East-West Line, south of Niagara-on-the-Lake

Region: Niagara Falls and Region

County/District: Regional Municipality of Niagara

Municipality: Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake

Themes