Penetanguishene Road, The - Ontario Heritage Trust

Menu

Penetanguishene Road, The

Constructed in 1814 under the supervision of William "Tiger" Dunlop, the Penetanguishene Road was intended as a military route between Kempenfelt Bay and Penetanguishene. The route also served as a colonization road during the 1820s when 200-acre lots were laid out along its length to stimulate settlement of the region.

Location

On Hugel Avenue, a section of the old Penetanguishene Road, just off Highway 93, Midland

Region: Central Ontario

County/District: County of Simcoe

Municipality: Town of Midland

Themes