Tassie's School - Ontario Heritage Trust


Tassie's School

The Galt Grammar School, familiarly known as Tassie's, gained widespread recognition for its high academic standards under William Tassie, headmaster from 1853 to 1881. The school was among the first in the province to be made a collegiate institute.


On the grounds of the school, now the Galt Collegiate and Vocational Institute, 244 Bridge Street North, Cambridge

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: Regional Municipality of Waterloo

Municipality: City of Cambridge