Menu

Chatham Blockhouse 1794, The

Constructed by order of Lieutenant-Colonel Simcoe in 1794, the Chatham blockhouse was garrisoned for a few years and then abandoned. In 1798, the building was moved to Sandwich (Windsor) to serve as the court house and jail for the Western District.

Location

At the original site of the blockhouse, near the bandstand in Tecumseh Park, William Street South and Stanley Avenue, Chatham

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: Municipality of Chatham-Kent (District)

Municipality: Municipality of Chatham-Kent

Themes