Menu

Christian Warner 1754-1833

After serving in Butler's Rangers in the American Revolution, Warner settled in the vicinity of present-day St. Davids where he became the leader of one of the earliest Methodist congregations in Upper Canada. Services were held in his house until a simple frame church was built on his property in 1801, the first Methodist church west of the Bay of Quinte.

Location

At the Warner Burying Ground, where his grave is located, Warner Road, about 3 km west of St. Davids

Region: Niagara Falls and Region

County/District: Regional Municipality of Niagara

Municipality: Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake

Themes