Menu

Coldwater Mill 1833, The

Taking advantage of the rapids at Coldwater, members of the Ojibwa band led by Chief Aisance constructed a grist-mill in 1833 to serve the residents of the Coldwater Reserve. Although the reserve was relinquished to European settlement in 1836, the mill remained in aboriginal ownership until 1849. It is believed that portions of the present mill date back to the original structure.

Location

At the mill on Mill Street, just off Coldwater Road, Coldwater

Region: Central Ontario

County/District: County of Simcoe

Municipality: Township of Severn

Themes