Menu

Eldorado Refinery, The

A pioneering operation in the development of nuclear energy, the Eldorado refinery was established in 1933 by the LaBine brothers to extract radium from ore mined in the Northwest Territories. The Canadian government acquired Eldorado in 1942 for uranium production during the war and in 1944 made it a crown corporation.

Location

At Eldorado Resources Limited, 1 Eldorado Place, Port Hope

Region: Central Ontario

County/District: County of Northumberland

Municipality: Municipality of Port Hope

Themes