Founding of Clinton, The

A tavern at the junction of the London and Huron Roads marked the beginning of the village of Clinton, originally called The Corners. The absence of water power restricted early development, but the completion in 1858 of a rail line from Fort Erie to Goderich stimulated the community's industrial growth.


On the grounds of Wesley Willis United Church, Mary and Victoria Streets, Clinton

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: County of Huron

Municipality: Municipality of Central Huron