Menu

Founding of Cochrane, The

In 1907, the site of Little Lakes Camping Ground was chosen as the junction of two railway lines then under construction, the Temiskaming and Northern Ontario Railway and the National Transcontinental. The town site was renamed in honour of the provincial minister of lands, forests and mines, Francis Cochrane.

Location

On the grounds of the Ministry of Transportation building, 50 Third Avenue, Cochrane

Region: Northern Ontario

County/District: District of Cochrane

Municipality: Town of Cochrane

Themes