Founding of Dundas, The

The strategic location of Dundas at the head of navigation on Lake Ontario attracted many settlers and small businessmen to the area. Completion of the Desjardins Canal in 1837 stimulated further growth and by mid-century Dundas was a thriving town.


In Desjardins Centennial Park, East Street North, Dundas

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: City of Hamilton (District)

Municipality: City of Hamilton