Founding of Lucan, The

In anticipation of construction of the Grand Trunk Railway to Sarnia, the site of Lucan was subdivided into lots, the first of which were sold in 1855. Mills, stores and hotels were built and with the completion of the rail line, Lucan prospered.


On the grounds of the community centre, 263 Main Street, Lucan

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: County of Middlesex

Municipality: Township of Lucan Biddulph