Menu

Government Inn 1798-1861

In 1798, the government of Upper Canada built a post-house on the banks of the Credit River. The square-timbered inn served as a hostelry for people travelling between York (Toronto) and Niagara, and as a trading post for dealers in furs and salmon. The building was demolished in 1861.

Location

In Memorial Park near the site of the former inn, Lakeshore Road, Port Credit

Region: Greater Toronto Area

County/District: Regional Municipality of Peel

Municipality: City of Mississauga

Themes