Hawkesbury Mills

By 1850, the sawmilling operations begun early in the century by Thomas Mears and David Patee at present-day Hawkesbury had become, reportedly, the largest sawmilling establishment in Canada West and the most productive exporter of softwood planks to Britain.


In Confederation Park, John Street, Hawkesbury

Region: Eastern Ontario

County/District: United Counties of Prescott and Russell

Municipality: Town of Hawkesbury