Menu

Home Children

From 1869 until the 1930s, charitable societies removed children from British slums and orphanages and shipped them to Canada. They were housed in distribution centres until placed into service as domestics or farm hands. This plaque is located at the former St. George's Home, one of many such distribution centres in Ontario.

Location

In front of Holy Rosary Church, 1153 Wellington Street, Ottawa

Region: Ottawa

County/District: City of Ottawa (District)

Municipality: City of Ottawa

Themes