Kagawong Mill

This mill drew water power from the Kagawong River to process local spruce into pulp. Closed at the onset of the Depression, the building reopened in 1932 as a hydro-electric plant. Until 1949, it was the sole source of electrical power for Manitoulin Island.


At the restored mill, on the waterfront at the foot of Old Mill Road, Kagawong

Region: Northern Ontario

County/District: District of Manitoulin

Municipality: Township of Billings