Kenogamissi Post

By establishing a post on Kenogamissi Lake in 1794, the Hudson's Bay Company hoped to reduce fur-trading activity in the area by the North West Company. The post operated successfully until it was closed in 1822 following the merger of the two rival companies.


At the public boat access area on Kenogamissi Lake, off Highway 144, southwest of Timmins

Region: Northern Ontario

County/District: District of Cochrane

Municipality: City of Timmins