Menu

MacLeod Settlement, The

Some 40 families from various Highland clans emigrated from Scotland under the leadership of Alexander MacLeod and took up land in Glengarry in 1794. One of the earliest Presbyterian parishes in Upper Canada was subsequently established in Lochiel Township.

Location

At a MacLeod farm on Dalkeith Road, near Alexandria

Region: Eastern Ontario

County/District: United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry

Municipality: Township of North Glengarry

Themes