Menu

Manitowaning Mission, The

The first permanent Anglican mission on Manitoulin Island was established in 1838 as an outpost of the Diocese of Toronto. Between 1845 and 1849 the small First Nations congregation led by the Reverend F.A. O'Meara built St. Paul's Church - the oldest remaining church in the Manitoulin-Algoma area.

Location

On the grounds of St. Paul's Anglican Church, Spragge Street, Manitowaning

Region: Northern Ontario

County/District: District of Manitoulin

Municipality: Manitowaning

Themes