Mountain Portage, The

"Breakfasted near a very fine waterfall which is formed by the River running over a high perpendicular Rock …", wrote Nicholas Garry after portaging around Kakabeka Falls in 1821 en route to the Red River settlement. The portage is one of several overland links in the Kaministiquia canoe route to the West.


In Kakabeka Falls Provincial Park, Highway 11/17, west of Thunder Bay

Region: Northern Ontario

County/District: District of Thunder Bay

Municipality: Kakabeka Falls Provincial Park