Menu

New Fairfield 1815

In 1792, Fairfield, a Moravian missionary settlement of Delaware natives, was established on the north bank of the Thames River. Destroyed in 1813 by invading American forces, the mission was rebuilt on the south side of the river after the war.

Location

On the grounds of the church on the Delaware of the Thames First Nation, County Road 18, Thamesville

Region: Southwestern Ontario

County/District: Municipality of Chatham-Kent (District)

Municipality: Municipality of Chatham-Kent

Themes