Ontario's First Parliament Buildings

Two brick structures were erected in York in 1798 to house the Legislature of Upper Canada. They were used for court proceedings and religious services as well as for governmental purposes. In 1812, the buildings were burned by invading American troops.


At the entrance to the city park on the east side of Berkeley Street just south of The Esplanade, south of Front Street East, Toronto

Region: Greater Toronto Area

County/District: City of Toronto (District)

Municipality: City of Toronto