Menu

Port Carling

Originally called Indian Village, Port Carling was renamed in 1869 in honour of John Carling, Ontario's first minister of public works. Construction of locks between Lake Muskoka and Lake Rosseau greatly aided the economic development of the small port.

Location

In the park beside the locks, Lock Street, Port Carling

Region: Central Ontario

County/District: District Municipality of Muskoka

Municipality: Township of Muskoka Lakes

Themes