Simcoe County Court House and Gaol

Completed in 1842, the court house and jail complex at Barrie served the region until 1976 when the court house was demolished. The jail, built of Lake Couchiching limestone in a radial design, still stands although additions and renovations have altered its original appearance significantly.


At the jail, 87 Mulcaster Street, Barrie

Region: Central Ontario

County/District: County of Simcoe

Municipality: City of Barrie