Menu

Simon Fraser 1776-1862

A major figure in the history of Canadian exploration and the fur trade, Fraser joined the North West Company in 1792 and for 12 years was in charge of all operations west of the Rocky Mountains. Following his retirement from the company in 1817, he moved to eastern Ontario where he farmed and operated mills.

Location

At the site of his former mills, County Road 18 and Concession Road 6, St. Andrews West

Region: Eastern Ontario

County/District: United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry

Municipality: Township of South Stormont

Themes