St. Andrew's Anglican Church

On this land donated by Robert Nelles, United Empire Loyalist, the pioneers of this community built a log church in 1794. It was replaced by a frame structure which was completed by 1804. The present stone church was erected 1819-25, and consecrated by bishop C.J. Stewart in 1828. The first three incumbents were the Rev. W. Sampson 1817-22, the Rev. A.N. Bethune 1823-27, and the Rev. G.F.R. Grout 1827-49. In this churchyard are buried many members of the Loyalist families who founded The Forty (Grimsby).


On the grounds of the church, Main Street West and St. Andrew's Avenue, Grimsby

Region: Niagara Falls and Region

County/District: Regional Municipality of Niagara

Municipality: Town of Grimsby