St. James-on-the-Lines 1836

Built largely through the efforts of Captain John Moberly, the church was originally intended to serve the naval and military personnel in residence at the Penetanguishene establishments. Until the 1870s, it was the only Protestant church in the vicinity and was attended by the civilian population as well.


On the grounds of the church, 215 Church Street North, Penetanguishene

Region: Central Ontario

County/District: County of Simcoe

Municipality: Town of Penetanguishene