Menu

Stanley Barracks 1841

The military establishment built at Toronto in 1840-41 to house additional British soldiers was commonly called the New Fort until 1893 when the name was officially changed to Stanley Barracks. The only remaining building is the officers' quarters.

Location

On the grounds of Exhibition Place, Toronto

Region: Greater Toronto Area

County/District: City of Toronto (District)

Municipality: City of Toronto

Themes