Menu

Thomson Settlement, The

The first permanent resident in Scarborough Township was David Thomson who emigrated from Scotland in 1796. He and his two brothers built mills and a Presbyterian church that became the centre of this early rural settlement.

Location

Near the Scarborough Historical Museum in Thomson Memorial Park, 1007 Brimley Road, just north of Lawrence Avenue East, Toronto

Region: Greater Toronto Area

County/District: City of Toronto (District)

Municipality: City of Toronto

Themes