Menu

Wasdell Falls Hydro-Electric Development 1914

Officially opened by Sir Adam Beck on October 16, 1914, the Wasdell Falls plant was the first generating station constructed by the Hydro-Electric Power Commission of Ontario. It continued to serve the region until 1955, by which time much larger hydro-electric systems were in operation throughout the province.

Location

Beside the former plant, Wasdell Falls Road, about 5 km northwest of Washago

Region: Central Ontario

County/District: County of Simcoe

Municipality: Township of Severn

Themes