Menu

William Kirby's Home

Born in England, William Kirby (1817-1906) came to Canada in 1839. He was editor of the Niagara Mail for many years and in 1877 gained international renown with the publication of the historical romance The Golden Dog. From 1857 until his death, he lived in a simple stucco structure which had been built in 1818.

Location

On the grounds of his former home, 130 Front Street, Niagara-on-the-Lake

Region: Niagara Falls and Region

County/District: Regional Municipality of Niagara

Municipality: Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake

Themes