Menu

William McGillivray 1764-1825

McGillivray joined the North West Company as a clerk in 1784 and in 1804 became its principal director. The company's wilderness headquarters, Fort Kaministiquia, was renamed Fort William in his honour.

Location

In front of the city hall, 500 Donald Street East, Thunder Bay

Region: Northern Ontario

County/District: District of Thunder Bay

Municipality: City of Thunder Bay

Themes