Menu

Willow Creek Depot

An important storage depot for supplies and trade goods during the War of 1812, Fort Willow was situated near the end of the Nine Mile Portage which connected the landing place at the headwaters of Kempenfelt Bay (today the site of Barrie) to Willow Creek.

Location

At the site of the former depot, in an isolated clearing overlooking Minesing Swamp, Concession 11, Vespra Township, about 8 km south of Minesing

Region: Central Ontario

County/District: County of Simcoe

Municipality: Township of Springwater

Themes