Port Arthur, Duluth and Western Railway Company, The

This northern railway was built to serve the silver-mining region southwest of the Lakehead and to tap the iron ore deposits in northern Minnesota. The collapse of the silver boom ended the company's brief career and in 1899 it was purchased by the Canadian Northern Railway.


At the site of the former railway station in Hymers - Highway 595 southwest of Thunder Bay

Region: Northern Ontario

County/District: District of Thunder Bay

Municipality: Municipality of Gillies