Menu

Stone Frigate, The

This large stone building, completed in 1820, was designed to hold gear and rigging from British warships dismantled in compliance with the Rush-Bagot Agreement. It served as a barracks briefly in 1837-38, and by 1876 had been refitted to house the Royal Military College of Canada.

Location

At the building on the grounds of the military college, County Road 2, Kingston

Region: Eastern Ontario

County/District: County of Frontenac

Municipality: City of Kingston

Themes