Menu

Founding of Colborne, The

After Joseph Keeler opened a store on the site of present-day Colborne about 1819, other small businessmen followed suit and a community began to grow. With the opening of harbour facilities and the arrival of the railway in the 1840s and 1850s, Colborne became an important service centre for the region.

Location

In Victoria Park, opposite the municipal building, 1 Toronto Street, Colborne

Region: Central Ontario

County/District: County of Northumberland

Municipality: Township of Cramahe

Themes